Saturday, January 17, 2009

What It's Like to Cat Trap

Tonight I cat trapped in the parking lot of a local bar. I've shortened the video so what you're not seeing is the typical 10-45 minutes of just staring at a cat trap with no cats. Normally in the winter you lay down newspaper under the food in the trap so the cat's paws don't freeze to the cage, but as the video shows, I am sitting there waiting so I can get the trapped cat immediately. In the end, a little spotted black and white kitten goes in the trap to get the stinky wet cat food and is the first of three kittens to be trapped (saved) that night! I also trapped one adult cat.

The other two kittens I trapped that night came as a pair in one trap. The one kitten went in the trap and pushed down the lever pushing the other kitten in the trap with him. The kitten that got pushed in had his paw caught for a minute but you can see him spring back to life as I lift the door up a little. To see that video, visit Catsnap's You Tube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment