Saturday, January 17, 2009

Adoption Update: Cody and Doodle

I received this from a Catsnap parent, Grace, who has adopted 3 cats from Catsnap.  They are in a wonderful, loving home and I am so happy they found each other.  Seeing such a happy ending, makes fostering just that much more rewarding-



From Grace:

I first met Daisy, now Doodle, when she was a tiny baby at Petsmart and almost brought her home the weekend that I met her, however, there was something for her to do before joining our family. Since the timing was off, she moved into foster care. While she was with her foster family, she met Cody, a very shy older kitten. The two of them bonded very strongly and soon seemed to be “attached at the hip.” One evening, I was curious to see if Doodle had found a home yet and to my very pleasant surprise, she was still searching for her new family. As I read the information on the site, I noticed that due to her strong bond with Cody, it was hoped that both kitties to be adopted to the same home. I took one look at Cody’s picture and knew this was why Doodle had not come home sooner. I brought the kitties home the end of August 2008 to join our other cats, Charlie and Magic {a former Catsnap kitty}. 
For the first week or so, Cody hid and would only come out when no one was around, while Doodle was little miss social butterfly, trying to make friends and play with the older cats. After Cody got a bit more comfortable and braver about being out when we were, he slowly started warming up to us. Over the last couple of months, he had become “Mr. Social” and is wherever I am when I am home. He has also become very vocal with me, chatting up a storm when I get home from work each evening. There have been many times that I have come upon them to find Doodle, Cody, Magic {who we were told, hated other cats} and Charlie sleeping together or playing. 
It seems that the kitties have chosen who their favorites are. Doodle and Charlie prefer John, while Magic and Cody prefer me. Guess we are evenly split with the boys and girls. All of them are such treasures and add so much joy to our home.


No comments:

Post a Comment