Friday, February 6, 2009

Lovey .... Therapy Cat? Another Happy Ending.


I wanted to share part of an e-mail regarding a former foster cat of mine (previously known as Sidney). His "dad" had to recently let his cat of 12 years go because of cancer. His heart is heavy with grief but because of Lovey...he is able to get through the day. Here's a portion of the e-mail:

"Lovey has been sleeping with Dad every night, which he never did before. He has always slept with me. Lovey kisses his hands & face & cuddles next to Dad’s chest with Dad’s arm around him all night!!! It’s like he knows Dad needs him. He has such a huge hole, but Lovey is very instrumental in reducing the grief. I know I said this before, but I am so glad Dad has Lovey to keep him company and divert his attention from dwelling on the loss."

Here's a picture of the two of them (this was taken prior to the loss), but you can see by the smile, how much he loves him.

No comments:

Post a Comment